Headquarters of the Christ Embassy Church in Oregun, Ikeja, Lagos was yesterday evening gutted by fire.
The immediate cause of the inferno could not be ascertained at the time of filing this report but it was learnt that it was triggered by an electrical spark within power generator house.
Daily Trust gathered from the state Fire Service that no life was lost in the incident but property worth several millions of naira was destroyed. Witnesses said the Fire Service had a hectic time trying to salvage the situation as the fire raged on heavily. No member of the church was willing to comment on the incident.
Lagos State Director of the Fire Service, Rasak Fadipe, said about 14 heavy generators were affected, adding that his men were able to rescue other property of the church.
Fadipe decried failure of the church to possess fire fighting equipment, adding that the fire was fought with four trucks of water from Ikeja, Alausa and Isolo.