Below is a rundown of the report by the Global Risk Report on the World Economic Forum which was postponed for the second year in a row. The World Economic Forum said in a report that cyberthreats, the growing space race add to climate change threat and the coronavirus pandemic. The report is based on a survey of 1,000 experts and leaders.
– As 2022 begins, the pandemic and its economic and societal impact still pose a “critical threat” to the world
– By 2024, the global economy is forecast to be 2.3% smaller than it would have been without the pandemic.
– Cyberattacks are becoming more aggressive and widespread, as criminals use tougher tactics to go after more vulnerable targets.
-The pandemic forced a huge shift — requiring many people to work or attend class from home and giving rise to an exploding number of online platforms and devices to aid a transformation that has dramatically increased security risks.
– Space is the final frontier for the risk of friction in orbit.
– “Adopting hasty environmental policies could also have unintended consequences for nature,” the report added.