The singer, 55, said she was going to the hospital Thursday after posting a lengthy message on Twitter earlier that day saying she had “decided to follow [her] son.”
In a Thursday morning tweet, the “Nothing Compares 2 U” singer wrote, “There is no point living without him,” referring to her son, Shane O’Connor. “Everything I touch, I ruin. I only stayed for him. And now he’s gone. I’ve destroyed my family. My kids don’t want to know me.”
In a follow-up tweet she shared late Thursday, Sinéad apologized, writing, “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said that. I am with cops now on way to hospital.”
She continued, “I’m sorry I upset everyone. I am lost without my kid and I hate myself. Hospital will help a while. But I’m going to find Shane. This is just a delay.”
Sinéad first shared the news of her son’s death Jan. 7. Shane, who was 17, died after going missing, Sinéad posted on Twitter last week.
“My beautiful son, Nevi’im Nesta Ali Shane O’Connor, the very light of my life, decided to end his earthly struggle today and is now with God,” Sinéad wrote at the time. “May he rest in peace and may no one follow his example. My baby. I love you so much. Please be at peace.”
Click here to read more.
SOURCE: PEOPLE, Greta Bjornson