There’s a devil loose: Florida man is arrested for MURDER of his missing girlfriend who was last seen alive more than a week ago ‘after police found his clothes covered in her blood’ then discovered her body in woods near his home

The Pasco Sheriff’s Office had arrested him earlier on Tuesday after determining blood found on Knapp’s clothes was enough to charge him with Moore’s death

The body of a woman who had been missing for a week was found by Florida police just hours after her boyfriend was arrested on suspicion of her murder.

Colin Knapp, 30, was arrested and charged with second-degree murder for the death of her 34-year-old on-and-off girlfriend Kathlyn Moore in Pasco County, near Tampa.

Moore’s body was found in a remote wooded area Tuesday. It’s unclear how she died, and no motive has been shared. Cops previously announced her death after finding her clothes with a huge quantity of the victim’s blood splashed on them.

Knapp appeared in court on Tuesday before Moore’s remains were found in a wooded area near Carmel Drive, 50 yards away from Knapp’s home. He is being held without bond.

The Pasco Sheriff’s Office had arrested him earlier on Tuesday after determining blood found on Knapp’s clothes was enough to charge him with Moore’s death.

Around 5.30pm local time, Pasco County Sheriff Chris Nocco confirmed the news of Moore’s death.

‘I can say she is deceased today. We positively identified her body based on tattoos. The call came in around 11:30 this morning that she was discovered in the woods,’ he said.

‘You can tell she was definitely covered on purpose to make sure nobody would come upon her,’ he added.

Nocco said Moore had been found in a makeshift grave in a remote wooded area, which had previously been combed by search dogs who missed her remains.

Authorities said Knapp has been uncooperative with the investigation. He and Moore were last seen together on November 28 arguing in bars in Largo and Indian Rocks Beach before returning to Knapp’s home on New Port Richey, police said.

Moore’s mother, Karyn, told WFLA News that she had only seen Knapp on Facetime calls but did not know him that well.

Moore worked as a server at a bar and was taking phlebotomy classes, hoping to one day become a nurse, her mother told WFLA News. She was also a mother-of-one, and although her daughter was being raised by another family, she was an active part of the child’s life.

‘I’m really going to miss her very, very much. I love her with all my heart. I truly believe that we all in life have to take a journey and I just wish that Kathlyn’s journey didn’t stop where it did,’ Karyn told the outlet.

‘I had that gut feeling. It’s like a mother’s instinct. You just know when you can’t sense your child’s spirit,’ she added.

WFLA reported that the couple had been in an on-and-off relationship for years, but did not live together. Knapp had met several of Moore’s closest friends for the first time on Thanksgiving.

Friends of Moore said she was last seen waiting for a cab outside of Knapp’s house, but police concluded there was no evidence that she ever left the home.

Click here to read more.

SOURCE: Daily Mail – Andrea Blanco