Total Time: Prep: 40 min. Bake: 40 min. + chilling
Makes: 12 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a bowl, beat butter, brown sugar and cinnamon until blended. Beat in flour, oats and walnuts until well blended. Press onto bottom and 1-1/2 in. up sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in milk and juice concentrate until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended (mixture will be thin). Pour into crust. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake until center is almost set, 40-45 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- To serve, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; saute apples until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Cool slightly.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, mix cornstarch, cinnamon and juice concentrate until smooth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir until thickened, about 1 minute. Add 1 tablespoon glaze to sauteed apples; toss to coat.
- Remove rim from springform pan. Top cheesecake with apples. Drizzle with glaze. Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving.
SOURCE: Taste of Home