Family of 14-Year-Old Boy Killed at Astroworld Sues Travis Scott for ‘Gross Negligence’ and ‘Reckless Disregard’ of People’s Safety

John Hilgert’s parents said their son was a “beautiful young man,” and that there is “no excuse” for what happened. / Family Handout

The family of a 14-year-old teen killed at Travis Scott’s deadly Astroworld concert earlier this month are suing the rapper and others for $1 million, according to a report.

Freshman high schooler John Hilgert was the second youngest of 10 victims to die after chaos broke out causing a crush at the opening night of the music festival in Houston, Texas on Nov. 5.

The teenager’s parents, Chris and Nichole Hilgert, filed suit Wednesday against Scott, event organizer Live Nation Worldwide and others for “gross negligence” and “reckless disregard” for Hilgert’s safety resulting in his death, according to a report by People.

“The pain of our loss from our son John not making it home alive from an event such as this is intolerable,” the dad said in a statement, according to the outlet. “He was a beautiful young man who simply wanted to enjoy his first concert event with friends, whom he treasured spending time with more than anything else.”

The parents say their goal is to ensure things change and new safety measures are put into place so that a tragic event like this doesn’t occur again.

Click here to read more.

SOURCE: New York Post, Priscilla DeGregory