Total Time: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours + chilling
Makes: 16 servings
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup hot caramel ice cream topping
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 2 large egg yolks, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- Optional: whipped cream, pecans and extra caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place a greased 10-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy duty foil. Securely wrap foil around pan. Combine cookie crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake until set, 8-10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven setting to 325°.
- Meanwhile, drizzle caramel topping over crust; sprinkle with pecans.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and remaining flour until smooth. Beat in eggs and yolks just until combined. Stir in cream and bourbon. Pour into crust; place springform pan in larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake until center is almost set, 65-70 minutes. Remove springform pan from water bath; remove foil. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife, remove foil.
- Chill for 8 hours or overnight, covering when completely cooled. Remove sides of pan. If desired, just before serving, top with whipped cream, pecans and caramel sauce. Refrigerate leftovers.
SOURCE: Taste of Home