Total Time: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makes: 1 dozen
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 cups chopped peeled ripe pears
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine golden raisins, orange juice, butter and rosemary; microwave, covered, on high 1 minute.
In a large bowl, whisk flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk eggs, ricotta and lemon zest until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in raisin mixture. Gently stir in pears (batter will be thick).
Divide batter among 12 greased muffin cups. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 18-22 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
SOURCE: Taste of Home