Total Time: Prep Time: 5 min. Cook Time: 30 min.
Makes: 8 servings
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, halved
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) block feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) rigatoni or other short pasta
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a 13×9-in. baking dish, combine tomatoes, garlic and 1/4 cup olive oil. Place the block of feta in the center, moving tomatoes so cheese is sitting on the pan bottom. Drizzle feta with remaining oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake until tomatoes skins start to split and the garlic has softened, 30-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water.
- Stir feta mixture, lightly pressing tomatoes, until combined. Add pasta and toss to combine. Stir in enough reserved pasta water to achieve desired consistency. Sprinkle with basil.
SOURCE: Taste of Home