Total Time: Prep: 15 min. + standing Broil: 5 min.
Makes: 12 servings
- 3 medium ripe peaches, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons peach preserves
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 English muffins, split and toasted
- 1 carton (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- Fresh mint leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients. Let stand for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spread cut sides of English muffins with mascarpone cheese. Drain peaches; reserving liquid. Arrange peaches over muffins; brush with some of the reserved liquid. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet; sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Broil 3-4 in. from heat until caramelized and bubbly, 3-4 minutes. Garnish with mint.
SOURCE: Taste of Home