Total Time: Prep: 5 min. + chilling Cook: 15 min.
Makes: 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 package (8 ounces) tempeh, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Whisk together liquid smoke, maple syrup, paprika and cumin in a 8×8-in. glass baking dish; add sliced tempeh. Gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. In batches, cook tempeh until golden brown, 2-3 minutes per side. Serve immediately.
SOURCE: Taste of Home