Welcome to the Whyte House Family Spoken Novels podcast episode #308. Today we are reading chapter 38 of the novel “I Know What Prayer Can Do” by Daniel Whyte III with Meriqua Whyte.
Jennifer swallowed. Dear God, how can a perfectly good day turn out like this?
“I think you can handle $700.00 per month, let’s say, for five years starting out,” Mr. Francia said.
Jennifer remained silent.
“If $700.00 is too high starting out, how about $600.00? $500.00? My wife told me that you were studying to become a children’s doctor. Big money in that. Once you’re done with your studies and are working in the hospital, we can increase the amount. How does that sound?”
Jennifer nodded as though Mr. Francia could see her through the phone. “Yes. $500.00. I should be able to handle that,” Jennifer said in a trembling voice. “Could you please give me two months to begin paying on it?”
“Sure. Give me your full name, house address, and telephone number,” Mr. Francia said. “Why don’t you stop by the house later today around six, and I’ll have everything drawn up in a contract. Okay?”
“Diego, how could you do this to her?” Mrs. Francia asked as soon as he got off the phone. “Can’t you see it was an accident. She came highly recommended. Let it go, Diego.”
“Silencio! I’ll handle it. Our little boy’s well-being is at stake here.”
“Diego, Luis’ birth. He was born–”
“Silencio! Speak no more. Either she pays for her negligence out of court or we go to court. She’s caused more mental and physical damage to our son,” Mr. Francia said.
“Diego, that’s not true, and you know that!”
“This will help take care of Luis’ visit to the doctor. You both ought to be happy I am not demanding the full amount,” Mr. Francia continued.
“Por favor. Please don’t do this. I am begging you.”
Jennifer stopped by the Francias’ to sign the contract Mr. Francia had ready for her. She was given a copy. Before signing, Mr. Francia showed her a signed doctor’s report of three pages stating, ‘Luis P. Francia will require lifelong medical care due to this fall as he will be unable to function mentally as well as physically. He will be considered a special needs child and will require twenty-four hour supervision possibly for the rest of his life.’
Mr. Francia rapidly read that section to Jennifer and flipped the other pages before her. “The other pages are just medical jargon explaining the seriousness of the fall and about x-rays and other things the doctors had to perform. The doctor’s signature is right here at the end in case you don’t believe me.” Mr. Francia pointed swiftly to the signature then returned the report to its envelope.
Jennifer, still in shock, went along with Mr. Francia’s explanations. The doctor’s signature, however, stuck in her mind: Ramon Avendano Cruz.
* * * * *
Jennifer’s testimony sealed Mr. Francia’s fate. The jury found him guilty of lying, blackmailing, and theft. He was required to pay back every cent he stole from Jennifer along with an extra $5000.00. He was jailed by the Spanish authorities.
Mrs. Francia was found to be innocent because she willingly testified against her husband.
* * * * *
“I know what prayer can do,” Aubrey said to her husband as they retired for bed on the night of the trial.
“Like I told you,” her husband said, “you lead a very exciting life. Let’s see: first Kiera’s husband kidnapping their children.”
“Thank you again for placing him behind bars,” Aubrey said.
“Then there’s Roger’s situation,” Quintin continued.
“How’s his new car coming along?”
“Quite well. His former supervisor has gotten in touch with the owners of Chrysler and they are talking very positive. He showed me the blueprint, and all I can say is, he’ll be a millionaire before long,” Quintin said.
“I’m glad things have worked out between him and Vicki,” Aubrey said snuggling up to her husband. “That baby of theirs is beautiful.”
“Which reminds me: when are we going to have our first child?” Quintin asked.
“I’m letting nature have its way. So far things are dormant. You may want to try stepping things up a bit,” Aubrey said.
“As I was saying,” Quentin said clearing his throat, “next there is Mother Jamison’s illness, and then little Justin’s illness–”
“Which reminds me,” Aubrey said, “they will be flying here in the next five days. What a reunion this will be. I wish Simone could make it.”
“Thank God Jennifer’s safe,” Quintin said. “No telling what Francia would have done to her had she not been able to pay him at all.”
“I won’t even allow my mind to think about that,” Aubrey said. Hugging her husband tighter, she said, “Are you ready to step things up?”
Thank you for joining us for this episode of Whyte House Family stories. You may purchase a copy of this novel and any other Christian fiction books read on this podcast from Amazon.com.
Now, dear listener, please know that God—the divine Author of all things—wants to write a great story with your life as well. But first you must give Him the pen by trusting Him with the life He gave you and surrendering your heart to Jesus Christ as Savior. Here is how:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
May God bless you until next time.