Welcome to the Whyte House Family Spoken Novels podcast episode #304. Today we are reading chapter 34 of the novel “I Know What Prayer Can Do” by Daniel Whyte III with Meriqua Whyte.
Jennifer immediately called Brad who relayed the message to Quintin who notified Tucker Gravlin.
“Great work!” Gravlin said. “I’ll call Chief McGinnis right away and get everything going. Have Jennifer to give me a call right away so I can instruct her on what to do.”
Quintin and Aubrey delivered Gravlin’s message to Jennifer then prayed with her.
“Jennifer, we want you to stay calm and act normal as though nothing transpired while they were away,” Gravlin said. “We’ll have a vehicle patrolling the street from as early as five in the morning and we’ll pick him up as soon as he arrives home. I know it’s going to be hard medicine for his wife, but we can’t afford to let him escape. He’s managed to successfully dodge the police in Spain. They’re depending on us to help put a stop to what he is doing. As soon as you hear him pull into the driveway, or enter the front door, give me a call. Okay?”
“Sure, Mr. Gravlin. I will give you a call,” Jennifer said.
Jennifer’s adrenaline went into work overtime. She hardly slept. She kept peeking through the curtains periodically throughout the night. Upon awakening the next morning, she saw the patrol car twice as they made their rounds.
As she was taking another peek through the curtains around eleven, the Francias pulled into the driveway. She immediately called Gravlin. “I’ll be there shortly.”
Jennifer went to her bedroom and sat in the rocking chair with Luis in her lap.
“Jennifer! We’re home!”Mrs. Francia called out as she hurried through the house to them.
“We’re in the bedroom,” Jennifer said without getting up.
Mrs. Francia scooped Luis up in her arms planting kisses all over his face. “Mi pobre bebe. I missed you so much.”
“Did everything go well?” she asked as she gave Jennifer a hug.
“Si, Senora. Muy bien,” Jennifer said. Both ladies laughed.
“Diego is taking the luggage out the car,” Mrs. Francia said as her husband entered the room.
He looked Luis over before addressing Jennifer. “No more falls I see. Muy bien. You are free to go. Just remember payment is due next month.”
Mrs. Francia closed her eyes and turned her face up to the heavens, making the sign of the cross on her chest. She muttered a few words as her husband walked out the room.
As much as Jennifer wanted to leave, she also wanted to stay to see Mr. Francia get picked up, and especially to be of some comfort to Mrs. Francia.
“I’ll be back soon,” Mr. Francia said to his wife.
They both heard the front door close. A few seconds later, they heard it slam. Mrs. Francia and Jennifer hurried to the living room to see Mr. Francia peeking through the curtain.
“Diego,” his wife started to say but stopped speaking as he firmly held his hand up silencing her.
He turned around sharply and glared at Jennifer. “Did you call the police? They have stopped in front of the house.”
Jennifer did not respond.
“Romina, I’m not here.” He walked toward the master bedroom locking the door behind him.
Mrs. Francia looked at Jennifer with fear in her eyes. Her hands started to tremble. Jennifer placed a hand on Mrs. Francia’s shoulder and took Luis from her when a knock came at the front door. Mrs. Francia opened the door.
A gentleman whom Jennifer correctly guessed was Tucker Gravlin, introduced himself as well as Officer Paneer and Officer Pritchard before showing his ID. He then showed her the warrant for Mr. Francia’s arrest.
“We’re here to pick him up for blackmailing and for swindling money out of individuals here in the United States as well as in Spain,” Gravlin said. “Is he in?”
Mrs. Francia made a sign of the cross and uttered a few words in Spanish. “Yes, he is in. Come in and I will get him.”
Gravlin nodded at Jennifer.
“Diego!” Mrs. Francia called. “Diego!” she called again as she headed toward the master bedroom. Jennifer heard them exchange some words in Spanish. She could only imagine what was said between them as she heard Mrs. Francia say, “I cannot lie,” as she returned to the living room.
“He is in the bedroom, but he refuses to come out,” she told Gravlin.
Thank you for joining us for this episode of Whyte House Family stories. You may purchase a copy of this novel and any other Christian fiction books read on this podcast from Amazon.com.
Now, dear listener, please know that God—the divine Author of all things—wants to write a great story with your life as well. But first you must give Him the pen by trusting Him with the life He gave you and surrendering your heart to Jesus Christ as Savior. Here is how:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
May God bless you until next time.