Welcome to the Whyte House Family Spoken Novels podcast episode #303. Today we are reading chapter 33 of the novel “I Know What Prayer Can Do” by Daniel Whyte III with Meriqua Whyte.
Jennifer and Aubrey talked far into the early morning.
“I hope things will blow over between you and the Francias soon,” Aubrey said. “Kelli should be coming back to the States so Justin can have his operation.” Aubrey shared the latest on Kelli and her family and on Simone and Kelvin. “When they come, the three of us can get together at the Cherry Blossom Cafe for old times’ sake. We can even skype Simone; well, I hope we’ll be able to.”
“I can’t wait to see all of you again,” Jennifer said.
“I’m just glad you are safe and in one piece,” Aubrey said.
“Safe, in one piece, and broke,” Jennifer laughed. “I can’t help but wonder what will happen to Mrs. Francia and Luis. I hate to think they will get separated.”
“We’ll add them to our prayer list,” Aubrey said. “I’m sure it will all work out.”
“I really do hope so,” Jennifer said. After sharing and discussing future plans for the Restoration Reset Ministry, Jennifer said, “Guess what? Brad asked me to set a date for our wedding, so I’ll be needing your services as soon as I save up enough money to pay you.”
“Girl, get out of here!” Aubrey said. “Don’t you ever talk to me again about not having enough money. Consider your wedding planning as a gift from Mother, Quintin, and myself, and no thanks needed. That’s what friends are for.”
After they finally said goodbye, Jennifer lay in the bed for some time reminiscing about the good times she and her friends had at the Cherry Blossom Cafe. She remembered Simone quoting the verse, “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you,” at one of their meetings. Simone then said to them: “Why don’t we put that verse to the test by each of us asking God to do something for us over this year.”
Jennifer remembered her desire was to have a more peaceful life. Even though she had led her friends to believe she was living a peaceful life, that was not the case, as it was a little before then that she had met the Francias. Jennifer remembered saying, “I’m still living the peaceful, quiet life… I just need a man to live it with.” She smiled as she remembered turning to Kelli and asking, “Are any of Trevor’s friends single?” Well, it seemed that after almost a year of unrest God was finally going to give her the peaceful life she desired … and with a praying man who happened to be a friend of Kelli’s husband. God, You are better than good, she thought as she drifted off to sleep.
Tucker Gravlin returned to the United States after Chief McGinnis told him that he planned to have Diego Francia arrested and to hold him until he could be extradited to Spain to face trial.
Much prayer went up for everything to go smoothly, for Jennifer’s safety, for Luis and Mrs. Francia’s safety, and that Mrs. Francia would be cleared of any charges. Jennifer felt braver and went out with Brad on three other occasions: once for breakfast and twice for lunch.
“Your skin has such a glow to it,” Brad complimented her. “It’s good to hear you laughing and talking again.”
“It feels good to finally see the light after passing through this dark tunnel. I did not see how I was going to get out of it.”
“All you had to do was to have faith in God,” Brad said. “Your friends and I never stopped praying for you. In fact, I have adopted Quintin’s parting words whenever we speak. Those words are, ‘I know what prayer can do.’ Remind yourself constantly that you know what prayer can do.”
“I will,” Jennifer said.
She had just said goodbye to Brad one evening after they had an extended conversation over the phone into the late night when Mr. Francia called.
“We’re on our way back. We should be there early in the morning. Here, my wife wants to talk with you.”
He sounds mighty cheerful. Good things must have happened to him up north. He was probably successful in swindling money out of someone, Jennifer thought. It was good to speak with Mrs. Francia even though her husband cut their conversation short. Jennifer hung up the phone with a sigh. Tonight she had the peace she had so longed for.
Thank you for joining us for this episode of Whyte House Family stories. You may purchase a copy of this novel and any other Christian fiction books read on this podcast from Amazon.com.
Now, dear listener, please know that God—the divine Author of all things—wants to write a great story with your life as well. But first you must give Him the pen by trusting Him with the life He gave you and surrendering your heart to Jesus Christ as Savior. Here is how:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
May God bless you until next time.