Total Time: Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes: 12 servings
- 4-1/2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 1-1/3 cups heavy whipping cream, warmed
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Mash potatoes with butter, salt, pepper and enough cream to achieve desired consistency. Transfer potatoes to a serving dish; swirl pesto sauce into potatoes. Drizzle with olive oil; serve immediately.
SOURCE: Taste of Home