Welcome to the Whyte House Family Spoken Novels podcast episode #288. Today we are reading chapter 18 of the novel “I Know What Prayer Can Do” by Daniel Whyte III with Meriqua Whyte.
The special ladies meeting at Grace and Truth Fellowship Church became the talk of both churches the Sunday after the meeting. God did a work in the ladies’ hearts and it marked the beginning of a restoration work in the marriages and families of those who attended the meeting.
Mother Jamison, the main speaker, started out her speech strong; however, she began to feel weak towards the end of her speech. She spoke until her breath left her. The last she recalled was giving the invitation for salvation to the ladies before she passed out. Aubrey and another lady caught her just before she hit the floor.
“Please continue on,” Aubrey instructed Mrs. Millins, the first lady of Grace and Truth Fellowship. “Take care of the new converts. We can’t leave them now.”
“Okay. I’ll meet you at the hospital once we are done here,” Mrs. Millins said. She then turned her attention to the attendees. “You’ve heard the dynamic message Mother Jamison delivered. Is there anyone who wants to accept God’s gift of salvation? Anyone willing to turn your marriage over to Jesus? Yes, God sees those hands. Come to the altar and pour out your heart to God.”
Aubrey, with the help of Simone and a few other ladies, got Mother Jamison to the room behind the auditorium where they awaited the arrival of the ambulance. Dear God, please keep Mother safe, Aubrey prayed silently.
“Let’s be in prayer for the restoration of Mother Jamison. God used her to bring deliverance to many tonight. The devil was using many of us to cause conflict in our marriages, but God used Mother Jamison this evening to bring deliverance to us,” Mrs. Millins said.
The ambulance arrived and sped off to the hospital with Mother Jamison and Aubrey. Simone and two other ladies from Grace and Truth Fellowship followed behind.
Aubrey placed a call to her husband as the ambulance careened down the main road. “Quintin, the ambulance is taking Mother to the hospital. Please pray for her.”
“I’m working right now, but I’ll be praying and I’ll join you as soon as I can,” Quintin said.
“I’m in the ambulance with her. I’ll call you again once we get to the hospital. I love you. Please pray. I’ll fill you in on the details.”
“I will,” Quintin said. “Let me pray with you before you go. Dear God, please strengthen my wife right now. Give her wisdom and help her to make the right decision and just to trust you. And please bring about healing to my mother-in-law. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”
“Thanks, honey. We’re pulling up before the emergency room entrance. Bye. I’ll talk to you later,” Aubrey said as she jumped out the back of the ambulance.
Aubrey rushed to the hall by the elevators in time to see the EMTs place Mother Jamison in the hands of the doctors and nurses who had been awaiting her arrival. They immediately rushed her through the double doors leading to the operating rooms. Simone and the two ladies from Grace and Truth Fellowship joined her in the waiting area. Mrs. Millins, Kelli, and some of the other ladies joined them about forty minutes later.
“Don’t worry about a thing,” Mrs. Millins told Aubrey as they joined her in prayer. “The ladies from Mt. Salem are on their way home. They wanted to hang around until they heard from you, but I told them the best thing they can do is to head on home to their families and to pray for you and Mother Jamison as they drive home and to continue praying once they get home.”
“I contacted Pastor Ashton and informed him as to what took place,” Mrs. Ashton said. “He said he’ll make sure all the ladies arrive home safely and to let you know that he will be starting the prayer chain for Mother Jamison’s healing because we’re not ready for her to leave us yet—even though she will be in a far better place. If I know him, he’ll be joining us here.”
The ladies spent their waiting time alternating in prayer for Mother Jamison.
One of the nurses, Nurse Kingley, gave them an update. “The doctors noticed a lot of fluid in her lungs. Apparently, the fluid had been filling her lungs over a period of time.”
“Did the doctors say what may be causing it?” Aubrey asked.
“Not yet,” Nurse Kingley said with an understanding smile. “Dr. Browning will be able to say for sure once they drain all the fluid out and run more tests. He’ll be talking with you after the operation. All we can do is hope for the best.”
Mrs. Ashton gave Aubrey a hug and then she called her husband. Aubrey gave her husband a call also. Both related to their husbands what the nurse told them. The waiting party received many phone calls from the conference attendees inquiring about Mother Jamison’s condition.
Aubrey held a steady stare onto the floor as they waited, and even though her eyes were open and no audible sounds could be heard, the moving of her lips indicated that she was in prayer. Simone nudged her once, then nudged her again; she pointed in the direction of the elevators. Quintin had just stepped out of one of them. Aubrey rushed into his arms. He held her shaking body close to his as tears tumbled down her cheeks.
Thank you for joining us for this episode of Whyte House Family stories. You may purchase a copy of this novel and any other Christian fiction books read on this podcast from Amazon.com.
Now, dear listener, please know that God—the divine Author of all things—wants to write a great story with your life as well. But first you must give Him the pen by trusting Him with the life He gave you and surrendering your heart to Jesus Christ as Savior. Here is how:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
May God bless you until next time.