Authorities on Sunday were investigating the deaths of four people at a three-day country musical festival in Michigan, including three men found dead in a travel trailer of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.
Lenawee County Sheriff’s officials said they received a 911 call about “unresponsive persons” at a campground near the Faster Horses Festival in Brooklyn. First responders arrived to find five unconscious men in their early 20s inside the trailer. Three were pronounced dead at the scene, and two were taken by ambulance to a local hospital in critical condition and were being treated for acute carbon monoxide poisoning, the sheriff’s office said in a statement.
Investigators said the caller was a friend who became concerned when he had not heard from the men.
“This tragic incident is being investigated as a suspected carbon monoxide exposure from a generator located very near the travel trailer,” the statement said.
Also Sunday, state police were investigating the death of Melissa Donna Havens, 30. An autopsy and toxicology tests were being performed on Havens, whose body was found early Saturday. Detectives were seeking the public’s help in identifying a man Havens was seen with within 24 hours of her body being found.
Click here to read more.
SOURCE: USA Today, John Bacon