Welcome to the Whyte House Family Spoken Novels podcast episode #278. Today we are reading chapter 8 of the novel “I Know What Prayer Can Do” by Daniel Whyte III with Meriqua Whyte.
Aubrey sat in the waiting room and tried to pray, but all she could say was, “Dear God, dear God” over and over again.
“Mrs. Rodney?” a voice called.
Aubrey turned around to see the nurse from the front desk with a cup of iced water in her hand. She wore a reassuring smile.
“Yes?” Aubrey replied.
“I’m Nurse Kailee. I came by to let you know your mother’s condition has stabilized. We should be taking her to a room in about ten minutes. Here you go.” She handed Aubrey the cup of water. “You’re welcome to wait in her room.”
Aubrey’s phone rang before she could answer the nurse. It was her husband.
“I’m in the parking lot. What’s the room number?” Quintin asked.
“Room 316,” Aubrey answered after checking with Nurse Kailee.
After hanging up the phone, Aubrey said to the nurse, “I’ll wait until my husband gets here then we’ll wait in her room. That was him on the phone.”
Nurse Kailee smiled. “Let me know if you need anything,” she said before returning to the nurses’ desk.
Quintin and Aubrey prayed as they waited for Mother Jamison. Before long, three nurses wheeled her into the room.
Dr. Krisna spoke with them. “She’s very weak. We’re going to keep her in for the night and possibly all day tomorrow for observation. I’ll just need to go over her medical history with you starting with the name of her doctor.”
“Her doctor is Catalina Valentino,” Aubrey said. “She’s never had any major health issues as far back as I can recall.”
After gathering the information he needed, Dr. Krisna admitted, “I don’t know exactly what brought about her illness. We checked her stomach and intestinal areas since she had coughed up some blood thinking she may have a severe ulcer in her digestive system, but that turned up negative. Her blood pressure was extremely high. Thank God we were able to bring it under control and thus bring her breathing back to normal. We’re still waiting for the report from the lab for her blood work.”
“She’s not one to complain, but I caught her gasping for breath a few times. She told me her chest was hurting every now and then but we didn’t think it was anything serious,” Aubrey said.
“I know Dr. Valentino. I believe she’s on vacation and should be back some time next week. I’ll speak with her then,” Dr. Krisna said. “In the mean time, we’ll send her office a copy of our examination. The nurses will be monitoring her closely throughout the night. If you have no further questions, I’ll take my leave. As I said, if all goes well, she should be able to go home in three to four days.”
Quintin and Aubrey prayed for Mother Jamison throughout the night. By morning she was fully conscious and able to speak with them.
“You will not be going out by yourself anymore,” Aubrey told her. “And no objections this time. Consider yourself on house arrest.”
“Alright,” Mother Jamison said smiling weakly.
Thank you for joining us for this episode of Whyte House Family stories. You may purchase a copy of this novel and any other Christian fiction books read on this podcast from Amazon.com.
Now, dear listener, please know that God—the divine Author of all things—wants to write a great story with your life as well. But first you must give Him the pen by trusting Him with the life He gave you and surrendering your heart to Jesus Christ as Savior. Here is how:
- Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
- Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
- Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
- Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
- Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
- With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
May God bless you until next time.