Welcome to the Whyte House Family Spoken Novels podcast episode #256. Today we are reading chapter 26 of the novel “I Need Someone to Pray with Me” by Daniel Whyte III with Meriqua Whyte.
Simone’s cell phone rang shortly after she returned to her job from lunch on Tuesday.
“Simone, this is Alphonse the Reporter, reporting to you some good news from room 425 at the hospital. My brother, Kelvin, is showing signs of consciousness.”
Simone smiled as the ray of hope suddenly brightened within her. She always found it funny whenever Alphonse put on his dignified tone.
“Thank you, Lord!” Simone said. “Tell me all about it. I have a couple more hours to put in, then I’ll be up there.”
“No hurry. I’ll wait on you to get here,” Alphonse said. “I stopped by an hour ago after my last class session and was praying over him when I heard a muffled sound. When I looked up he raised his hands over his chest and coughed. He’s obviously still in pain. The nurse who came to check on him said it was a miracle that he was recovering so quickly.”
Simone was on cloud nine as she called up her friends to give them the good news. Everyone was rejoicing as they met up at the hospital. Kelvin still needed many more days of rest. About three days later he was able to hold short conversations without exerting himself too much.
“This is a miracle,” Dr. Rayburn told them. “He was not supposed to have come out of this as well as he has.”
Simone stood by Kelvin’s bed holding his hand. Kelvin looked at her with much love and tenderness. She held that loving smile that was always dear to him. Kelvin could not believe all his friends were there; neither could he believe what they told him as to why he was in the hospital. As he looked back at Simone and their eyes met, that special love they had for each other was rekindled. Tears slid down Kelvin’s face towards his ears. Simone gently wiped them away.
“Simone, Alphonse, and you all, thank you for your prayers. I know what to do. I know I ought to become a Christian. God has not given me any rest or peace from the time Simone and I went our separate ways, but I kept ignoring His voice. I believe God spared my life to give me another chance. Alphonse, please say those verses you often shared with me again.”
Alphonse quoted Romans 10:9 and 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
“What have I been waiting for?” Kelvin asked weakly but meaningfully. “I believe. I believe.”
Simone bent over and gave Kelvin a hug and kissed him on the cheek as the others voiced ‘Amen’ and ‘Praise the Lord.’
“Seems like church up in here,” the nurse said walking in. “I’m a church-going woman so you all don’t have to preach at me now,” she laughed. “Anyway, Mr. Kelvin here needs his rest so I’m going to have to end your visit. One of you can spend the night with him, but try not to let him talk too much. For a person in his condition, it can be tiring.”
“I think we should all leave so he won’t have anyone to talk to,” Alphonse said.
“By the way,” the nurse said, “you all may want to stop by room 421 and pray a prayer for recovery over that patient. He’s in bad shape, plus no one to my knowledge has stopped by to visit him.”
Dr. Rayburn was doing his rounds as they were exiting Kelvin’s room.
“Thank you so much, Dr. Rayburn,” they all said.
“The pleasure was all mine. The police will be stopping by around eleven on tomorrow to get a report from Kelvin as to what took place. One or two of you are welcome to stop by and listen in,” Dr. Rayburn said.
Alphonse stopped by room 421 while the ladies waited in the waiting room. As Alphonse prayed, he silently asked God to reveal who the unidentified person might be.
Thank you for joining us for this episode of Whyte House Family stories. You may purchase a copy of this novel and any other Christian fiction books read on this podcast from Amazon.com.
Now, dear listener, please know that God—the divine Author of all things—wants to write a great story with your life as well. But first you must give Him the pen by trusting Him with the life He gave you and surrendering your heart to Jesus Christ as Savior. Here is how:
- Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
- Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
- Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
- Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
- Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
- With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
May God bless you until next time.