Welcome to the Whyte House Family Spoken Novels podcast episode #245. Today we are reading chapter 15 of the novel “I Need Someone to Pray with Me” by Daniel Whyte III with Meriqua Whyte.
Roger picked Aubrey up in a brand new Hummer with 32-inch rims.
“Who in the world is that?” Mother Jamison asked, peering out the window after hearing a loud horn beep.
“That’s Roger,” Aubrey said, slinging her purse with the long straps over her shoulder. “He told me one of his hobbies was rebuilding cars. He plans on using his engineering degree not just to work for someone, but to design a vehicle that’s ‘out of this world’ to use his words.”
“Well, that thing out there is certainly out of this world,” Mother Jamison commented. “Couldn’t he have driven his blue Maxima? You make sure you tell him I say to be careful in that thing.”
Mother Jamison stepped out the door and waved to Roger who returned the wave with a toot of the horn.
Although Aubrey had on her Calvin Klein baggy jeans with matching jacket, she stood outside the passenger side of the vehicle wondering, How in the world will I ever get up in this thing? Roger was by her side in seconds. He had on a pair of jeans as well with a T-shirt. Slipping his hands around Aubrey’s waist, he effortlessly swung her up on to the seat.
They drove around town and ended up on a back dirt road.
“Let me show you what I can do. You might want to tighten your seatbelt.”
Aubrey fastened her seatbelt without hesitation. Roger did all kinds of maneuvers with his vehicle. The last time Aubrey could remember having such crazy fun was just before she and Jamaal got married. I didn’t realize how much I missed doing something crazy every now and then, she thought as she bounced up and down. They stopped off at Billy Jr’s Bar-B-Cue Pit Stop.
“They have a packed house,” Aubrey said as she noticed a few people standing outside the door.
“Yes, but I have connections,” Roger said hopping out the car. “You wait right here.”
He was back in a few minutes with two carry-out trays. “I told you I got connections. Billy Jr. is a friend of mine. I got him to fix me up.”
Roger parked the car in a more secluded spot at the back of the restaurant.
“I want you to consider something,” he said to Aubrey as she bit into her barbecue baby back ribs.
“I hope this is not too early, but considering we are not entirely strangers — would you consider being my girl?”
Aubrey almost choked.
“How many boys come outright and ask a girl to be their girl? It’s something that just happens,” she told her mother and friends over Sunday dinner. “I told him I would think about it and that I did not want to rush into a serious relationship yet.”
Aubrey noticed that Simone was extra quiet. All of her friends voiced positive things about Roger except her.
“Well, what do you think about Roger?” Aubrey asked her as they got ready for bed.
“I don’t know, Aubrey. I know I just met him, but I don’t feel comfortable in my spirit about him. Maybe I just need to spend more time getting to know him; but please be careful.”
Thank you for joining us for this episode of Whyte House Family stories. You may purchase a copy of this novel and any other Christian fiction books read on this podcast from Amazon.com.
Now, dear listener, please know that God—the divine Author of all things—wants to write a great story with your life as well. But first you must give Him the pen by trusting Him with the life He gave you and surrendering your heart to Jesus Christ as Savior. Here is how:
- Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
- Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
- Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
- Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
- Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
- With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
May God bless you until next time.