Total Time: Prep: 35 min. Bake: 40 min.
Makes: 12 servings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tube (18 ounces) polenta, cut into 1/2″ slices
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach (about 5 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 425°. Brush both sides of polenta slices with 1 tablespoon oil; place on a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes on each side or until crisp.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and shallot; cook and stir 12-14 minutes or until liquid has evaporated and mushrooms start to brown. Add sherry; cook, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, salt and pepper; stir in broth until smooth. Stir into pan. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add spinach; cook and stir over medium-low heat until slightly wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Arrange polenta on a platter; top with mushroom mixture.
SOURCE: Taste of Home