Welcome to the Whyte House Family Spoken Novels podcast episode #216. Today we are reading chapter 10 of the novel “The Unspoken Prayer Request” by Daniel Whyte III with Meriqua Whyte.
Jamaal pulled out his cell phone and pushed the speed-dial button for Destinee.
“Hello, Jamaal. How’d it go? I’ve been awaiting your call.”
“Messed up as usual, Destinee. My wife is as stupid as can be. She does not know how to have a good time. Can you believe she used us going out to eat, to so-called celebrate, to cover up her meeting some old boyfriend?”
“You don’t say,” Destinee answered. “What did she do? You sound upset.”
“Upset is not the word. I don’t know why I waste my time with her,” Jamaal said. “Here we are at the restaurant and her old boyfriend comes up to our table and gives her this long hug, rubbing her back to send some kind of signal, hardly paying me any attention. That’s the height of disrespect,” Jamaal complained.
“It sure is. If I were married to you,” Destinee said, “I would never do that. You may want to check her cell phone and e-mail to see if they’ve been communicating.”
“You’re smart, you know that?” Jamaal said. “Well, enough of her. I come to you because you know how to take care of a man.”
“Are you on your way over because I got something for you tonight,” Destinee said in a soft sweet voice.
“Only if you put on your two piece pink see-through negligee; you know the one I bought you when we went on that trip together.” Jamaal’s voice had quieted down.
“I am already prepared,” Destinee said. “Can you bring a bottle of my favorite wine?”
“Nothing like a little wine to help set the right mood,” Jamaal said. “Girl, you are something else.” Quite unlike Aubrey, he thought.
Once over at Destinee’s place, Jamaal made himself comfortable as he and Destinee reclined on the couch. The question came up again: “So when are you going to leave your wife? You’re already frustrated with her, so why stay with her?”
“In time. Right now, I would not worry about her. Here, take a sip.” Jamaal held his glass to her lips.
Destinee took a long sip of wine, and then kissed Jamaal. “Your mouth is most sweet,” she whispered.
“Tell me more,” Jamaal said taking a sip of wine himself.
“You can tell your wife I know some Bible too. And I believe what Barry White says in his song, you have to practice what you preach.” Destinee placed some kisses on his cheeks. “Your cheeks are as a bed of spices,” she said. “That’s from the Song of Solomon in the Bible.” Running her hands across his thighs, she continued, “Your legs are as pillars of marble.”
“You certainly know how to build up a man’s ego,” Jamaal chuckled.
Jamaal’s kisses set off the untamed passion they had been expressing to each other for a couple months.
“Your love is certainly better than wine,” Jamaal whispered to her.
Thank you for joining us for this episode of Whyte House Family stories. You may purchase a copy of this novel and any other Christian fiction books read on this podcast from Amazon.com.
Now, dear listener, please know that God—the divine Author of all things—wants to write a great story with your life as well. But first you must give Him the pen by trusting Him with the life He gave you and surrendering your heart to Jesus Christ as Savior. Here is how:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
May God bless you until next time.