Total Time: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
Makes: 4 servings
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fully cooked smoked ham
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside. Cut a pocket in the thickest part of each chicken breast; fill with cream cheese mixture. Secure with toothpicks.
- Place the flour, egg and bread crumbs in three separate shallow bowls. Coat chicken with flour, then dip in egg mixture and coat with crumbs.
- In a cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, brown chicken in oil over medium heat; transfer skillet to oven. Bake, uncovered, until a thermometer reads 170°, 15-20 minutes. Discard toothpicks before serving.
SOURCE: Taste of Home