Welcome to the Whyte House Family Spoken Novels podcast episode #204. Today we are reading chapter 36 of the novel “Charmaine” by Daniel Whyte III with Meriqua Whyte.
Zelda Martin called Mr. Carrington on the phone early Thursday morning.
“Everything’s set for Saturday pick up at around 1:00,” Mr.Carrington said. “Go over everything with me again so we can make sure we are on the same page.”
“Of course,” Zelda Martin replied eagerly. “The wedding begins at two o’clock, but like most weddings they’ll probably run late. Anyway, you can arrive early, by about 1:30 and pick the illegal immigrants up before the wedding ceremony actually begins; you know, just as they are about to enter the church. Or, you can wait until the ceremony is just ending and then burst in with your guys and gather them up. I prefer this one as it will add an element of surprise.”
“OK, Mrs. Martin, we’ll go with that one,” Mr.Carrington said. “I’ll make sure we have enough buses and agents ready. We don’t want to leave any of them behind. Now, where will you and your husband be so I’ll be able to get in touch with you?”
“My husband and I will be just outside the front double doors greeting and directing people as they enter the church. By the way, Mr.Carrington,” Zelda Martin continued, “make sure you have at least five buses. There are quite a number of these Ethiopians. Anyway, you know I can’t believe Pastor Gillespie would be so selfish and inconsiderate. Do you know he did not even ask my husband to be a part of the wedding party, as faithful an assistant he’s been to him these many years.”
“Oh, my, that’s very inconsiderate of him,” Mr. Carrington said.
“Now, will you be riding in one of the buses, or will you follow in your car?” she asked.
“I’ll be driving my own car,” Mr. Carrington said.
“We’ll reserve you a parking spot off to the right of the handicapped parking section. It’s right out front.”
“All set,” Mr. Carrington said. “Why don’t you send me a picture of you and your husband so I’ll know who to look for.”
“Sure. I’ll send it to you in an attachment as soon as I get off the phone.”
Mr. Carrington shook his head as they hung up. He immediately dialed Pastor Gillespie’s number and shared with him Zelda Martin’s plan. “But this is my plan…” Mr. Carrington began.
“The Martins are proving to be more devious than I thought they were,” Pastor Gillespie said, “but I’m ready.” He then chuckled, “Are you sure you want to mess up my wedding day?”
“Pastor Gillespie, things will go so smoothly no one will notice anything,” Mr. Carrington assured him. “I thank you, Pastor, for working with us on this. I did some research on you and your church, and don’t worry, your good name will be protected. By the way, my wife and I were in your services on last Sunday. I don’t claim to be a church goer, but I was impressed not only with your straightforward and clear preaching, but I was also impressed with the mixture of races and culture. I tell you, All Peoples Non-Denominational Church is truly a church overflowing with all kinds of people.”
“Praise the Lord! You’re welcome here any time,” Pastor Gillespie said.
“My wife told me that she prayed the prayer of salvation you led everyone in at the end of your message.”
“Oh, she did! That’s a blessing!”
“I would like to speak with you more about that after your wedding,” Mr. Carrington said.
“You make sure to do that, my brother,” Pastor Gillespie replied. “Let’s stay in touch.”
Thank you for joining us for this episode of Whyte House Family stories. You may purchase a copy of this novel and any other Christian fiction books read on this podcast from Amazon.com.
Now, dear listener, please know that God—the divine Author of all things—wants to write a great story with your life as well. But first you must give Him the pen by trusting Him with the life He gave you and surrendering your heart to Jesus Christ as Savior. Here is how:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
May God bless you until next time.