A foodie has shared her video for making the perfect crispy spiced roast potatoes, and you only need a few household staples to recreate them at home.
The woman, who goes by the name Cooking with Aayeh on TikTok, said she loves making the delicious dish on a busy week night, as it is ‘packed full of flavour and so easy to make’.
‘If you love potatoes as much as me, you have to try my crispy spiced potatoes,’ Cooking with Aayeh wrote on TikTok.
‘They are the perfect side dish to every meal.’
To make the potatoes, you’ll need some potatoes, paprika, cumin, garlic cloves, chilli and sea salt.
Then, all you need to do is par-boil your potatoes, mix up the marinade and give your potatoes a ‘bath in that gorgeous sauce’.
‘The magic lies in smashing them down with a glass and brushing on all that extra flavour from the marinade,’ Aayeh said.
‘Then, just pop them in the oven until they are nice and golden and you hear that perfect sizzle.’
Aayeh added: ‘Serve and enjoy a little slice of heaven.’
Millions who saw the clip said the potatoes looked delicious and they couldn’t wait to try them for themselves.
‘I am going to try these tonight, they look delicious,’ one commenter posted.
Some asked how you can ensure your potatoes turn out crispy every time, as theirs are always failing:
‘Make sure to use small potatoes and be generous with the oil,’ Aayeh said.
‘You also need to leave them in for long enough – between 45 and 60 minutes.’
Aayeh has made a name for herself for sharing cooking videos on TikTok in the past few months, covering everything from delicious banana bread to the ‘creamiest pumpkin soup’.
How to make the crispy spiced roast potatoes
1.5 kg of small potatoes
Two teaspoons of paprika
Two teaspoons of cumin
Two large garlic cloves
Extra Virgin olive oil
1. Boil your potatoes in salted water until they are cooked.
2. While the potatoes are boiling, make your marinade by grating some garlic and adding your paprika, extra Virgin olive oil, cumin, garlic cloves, chilli and sea salt to a dish.
3. Drown the potatoes in olive oil and add the marinade.
4. Smash the potatoes with a glass till they are crushed and brush on all the extra flavour.
5. Bake in the oven at 220 degrees Celsius for approximately 45-60 minutes until they are nice and golden and crispy.
6. Serve and enjoy a little slice of heaven.
Source: Cooking with Aayeh
SOURCE: Daily Mail, Sophie Haslett