Hundreds of Guests Displaced After Fire Breaks Out at Killeen Hotel in Texas After Sprinkler Systems Failed Due to Frozen Pipes

A massive fire broke out in a hotel in Killeen, Texas, after the building’s sprinkler systems failed to work due to frozen pipes.

On Friday night, the Killeen Fire Department arrived at the Hilton Garden Inn hotel in Killeen to find “fire coming from the roof above the fourth floor of the four-story hotel,” according to a statement from the fire department.

Seven agencies responded to the fire and were able to control it just after midnight.

“Firefighting efforts were hindered due to automatic sprinkler system being out of service because of frozen pipes,” the fire department said.

The hotel was reportedly at full capacity at the time of the fire, and all 102 of its rooms were in use. The fire department transported some of the displaced guests to the Skyline Baptist Church after the incident, and the American Red Cross has been contacted to assist them, according to the statement.

Click here to read more.

SOURCE: ABC13, KTRK