A woman and an 8-year-old girl died of carbon monoxide poisoning while running a car to stay warm in Texas during power outages caused by subfreezing temperatures, authorities said.
The woman had been sitting in the running car in the garage when she became disoriented and passed out early Tuesday in Houston, news station KTRK reported.
She had been on the phone at the time with a relative, who called authorities, police said.
Police arrived to find the woman dead in her vehicle and the 8-year-old girl unresponsive in their condo, which is attached to the garage, KTRK reported. It was not immediately clear what relation the girl was to the woman.
Click here to read more.
SOURCE: New York Post, Jackie Salo