LA Man who Superglued a Plastic Cup to his Face for Insane ‘Gorilla Glue Challenge’ Ends Up in the ER – After Accusing Mom who Got Adhesive Stuck in her Hair of Lying

Consequences: Martin couldn’t get the cup off by himself and had to go the hospital to have it painfully removed

Los Angeles man ended up in the emergency room after doing the ‘Gorilla Glue Challenge,’ inspired by the viral story of a Louisiana woman who sprayed permanent adhesive all over her hair and required the assistance of a surgeon to remove it.

Len Martin, who is also originally from Louisiana, was convinced that Tessica Brown was lying about the Gorilla Glue incident, and her hair was not — as she claimed — immovably and frighteningly stuck to her head.

To prove his hunch, Martin bought some Gorilla Glue of his own, using it to stick a red plastic cup to his face — only to realized he’d made a horrible mistake and couldn’t get it off.

Whoops! A Los Angeles man ended up in the emergency room after doing the ‘Gorilla Glue Challenge’
Len Martin was convinced that Tessica Brown was lying about the Gorilla Glue incident, and decided to Gorilla Glue a cup to his face to prove it

Brown, 40, earned international attention this month when she ran out of Göt2b Glued Spray hairspray and substituted it with Gorilla Glue, a highly-adhesive glue that is not meant to be used on people.

She washed her hair 15 times, tried an at-home acetone treatment, cut off her ponytail, and even visited the ER — but it would not come out.

She ultimately had to fly to Los Angeles to meet with plastic surgeon c, who spent four hours using a custom mix of medical-grade adhesive remover, aloe vera, olive oil, and acetone in order to dissolve the Gorilla Glue.

But despite Brown’s harrowing story — and warnings from Gorilla Glue that its product should not be used on skin or hair — Martin was sure that he’d be able to remove the red plastic cup from his face easily.

A video Martin posted on Facebook shows him applying the adhesive to the ring of the plastic cup, then fitting it over his nose.

Consequences: Martin couldn’t get the cup off by himself and had to go the hospital to have it painfully removed

The video cuts off there, before Martin tries to remove it — but he included a photo to show what happened next.

The image shows Martin in a hospital, the cup still over his nose and a mask covering his mouth.

‘I thought that chick with the gorilla glue was making that story up…but no..its real… I dont kno why I tried they talking bout cutting the tip of my lips off in surgery…yall pray for me [sic],’ he wrote, adding the hashtag #gorrilagluechallenge

Speaking to local news station WKBN, Martin said: ‘I thought she was just playing around because I didn’t think it was that serious.

‘I actually tried it out before and it actually didn’t do anything for me… So I was like, “Okay, she’s lying” and there are all these challenges going on so I was like, “Okay I’m going to try it,” and it went backwards.

‘I thought I could lick it off kind of to moisten it and pull it right off but that didn’t work,’ he added.

Doctors managed to remove the cup, but it did involve ‘painful peeling.’

Martin is now warning others not to try the Gorilla Glue Challenge.

‘This is definitely not one to try. Let’s just stop this now… It’s very harmful,’ he said.

There doesn’t seem to be too much risk of others giving it a go, as most social media users tweeting about the #GorillaGlueChallenge are begging others not to do it.

‘I’m highkey concerned gen z will start a gorilla glue challenge now, the same way they were eating tide pods a few years back,’ wrote one.

‘If a gorilla glue challenge start happening I’m losing faith in humanity,’ wrote another.

Most people, it seems, have taken Brown’s experience as sufficient warning not to try it at home.

The 40-year-old first went viral last week when she shared a TIkTok video about her predicament.

‘Hey, y’all. For those of you that know me know that my hair has been like this for about a month now. It’s not by choice. No, it’s not by choice,’ she said at the start of the clip.

‘When I do my hair, I like to finish it off with a little Göt2b Glued Spray, you know, just to keep it in place. Well, I didn’t have any more Göt2b Glued Spray, so I used this: Gorilla Glue spray. Bad, bad, bad idea.’

She then patted her head to show how the glue spray had turned her hair into a stiff, immovable helmet.

‘Y’all look, it don’t move. You hear what I’m telling you? It. Don’t. Move. I’ve washed my hair 15 times and it don’t move,’ she insisted. ‘Stiff where? My hair.’

She ended her video with some words of advice: ‘If you ever, ever run out of Göt2b Glued Spray, don’t ever use this. Unless you want your hair to be like that forever.’

She went on to spend 22 hours in the ER, where baffled healthcare workers put acetone on her head, according to TMZ — but nothing seems to work.

Sources told the publication that the acetone burned her scalp and only made the glue sticky before it dried up again, leaving her with the same immovable hair she started with.

The front of the Gorilla Glue adhesive spray bottle says it bonds fabric, paper, wood, metal, and more. While the label states it’s an eye and skin irritant, it doesn’t specifically mention hair.

Gorilla Glue released a statement about the situation on social media Monday.

‘We are aware of the situation and we are very sorry to hear about the unfortunate incident that Miss Brown experienced using our Spray Adhesive on her hair,’ the brand wrote.

‘This is a unique situation because this product s not indicated for use in or on hair as it is considered permanent. Our spray adhesive states in the warning label “do not swallow. Do not get in eyes, on skin or on clothing.”‘

The company added: ‘We are glad to see in her recent video that Miss Brown has received medical treatment from her local medical facility and wish her the best.’

Earlier this week, Brown enlisted a hairstylist to hack off her lengthy ponytail to make further attempts to remove the glue easier.

Finally, she flew to Los Angeles to meet with Dr, Obeng, who offered to help her for free.

In a video taken at Dr. Obeng’s office, Brown — who was given a light anesthesia before the treatment — is seen lying on an operating table after the successful procedure, running her hands through her freed locks and tearing up at the sensation.

The medical professional, who offered Tessica the pricey treatment for free after seeing her plight online, used a custom mix of chemicals and natural products in order to dissolve the glue, having first practiced on a dummy head to ensure his formula would work.

Dr. Obeng used a mix of medical-grade adhesive remover, MGD — which is a mix of aloe vera and olive oil — and a small amount of acetone to break down the glue in Brown’s hair.

During the procedure, the mixture was applied to Brown’s hair using a spray bottle, while Dr. Obeng used medical tweezers and scissors to try and gently pull the matted hair apart, cutting the strands of glue that were holding her tresses together.

The doctor and his team then ran a comb through the hair to finally remove the glue, before applying a deep conditioning treatment to protect the locks.

Brown was given painkillers and steroids to reduce the swelling and inflammation caused by the glue — and the chemicals that she used to try and remove it.

Remarkably, Dr. Obeng was able to salvage much of her hair, and the mother-of-five revealed that she is now planning to get extensions to restore some length to her short locks.

SOURCE: Daily Mail, Carly Stern