Welcome to the Whyte House Family Spoken Novels podcast episode #123. Today we are reading chapter 15 of the novel “…And Family Drama Just Won’t Stop III” by Daniel Whyte III with Meriqua Whyte.
“Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.” – John 20:29
Jonathan walked into Carmen’s office after making a few more phone calls.
“The phone calls and emails are still coming in,” Carmen informed him.
“I know this is not a pleasant job at this time,” Jonathan said. “We have to put all that behind us and move forward. I’ll be leaving at twelve, and you are more than welcome to leave earlier if you wish. You deserve it for hanging in there and holding the fort down during this tough time for the church.”
“Thank you, Pastor Jonathan. I’ll hang around until twelve in case you need anything.”
A few minutes before twelve as Jonathan was putting on his jacket, the phone rang.
“Cam, what do you want?” Jonathan asked.
“Brother Jonathan, it was such a busy day yesterday at Ninth Street, I felt for sure you’d take today off. I wasn’t expecting to get you; but I decided to try anyway.”
“Well, you barely caught me. I was just about to leave.”
“Well, let me be quick then,” Cam said. “I waited around after you all left the podium yesterday and many people were expressing their anger about the whole situation. Some even spoke with me about it. Many were saying that would be their last Sunday at Ninth Street. Others were saying they don’t know if they could trust another young pastor. I guess they were referring to you. I had some come to me in private asking me if I would fill in as senior pastor since I used to be assistant pastor there at Ninth Street.”
“Cam, what are you getting at?”
“I just wanted to let you know that I’ll be taking those who are disgruntled about this whole situation as well as those who do not want you to be the senior pastor with me and I’ll be starting another church with them. There’s no need to let them just hang out there like lost sheep. So if you begin to lose members, they are probably worshiping with me.”
Jonathan laughed. “Well, I do thank you for your honesty. Anything else?”
“Or,” Cam said, “I could come on board and help you through this tough time. Kirby and I had some great plans for this church.”
Well, look at the devil rearing up hisugly head, Jonathan thought with a slight smile.
“Are you still there?” Cam asked.
“Yes, I’m still here. I’ll think about it,” Jonathan said. “Anything else you want to inform me of, Cam?”
“No. Just think about my offer, and Carmen has my number. Give me a call real soon. Time is of the essence,” Cam said.
I’m sure it is, Jonathan thought as he hung up the phone.
“What do you think?” Jonathan asked Carmen as soon as he got off the phone.
“I overheard him and Pastor Kirby arguing a few times when he used to serve here. Seems like he wanted to preach more times than Pastor Kirby was allowing him to. I’m sure there’s more to it,” Carmen said. “I’d be careful in dealing with him.”
“Thanks, Carmen. Come on. Time for you to head on home. I won’t leave you here alone, because if you’re like my wife, you’ll find a hundred other things to do.”
“There’s a snake for you, sure enough,” Monica said after Jonathan told her about Cam’s phone call. “He did not even have the decency to wait for things to die down.”
“I guess he thought our losing members was going to cause me to jump and take him on board,” Jonathan said.
“I wonder what else he has up his sleeve?” Monica said.
Thank you for joining us for this episode of Whyte House Family stories. You may purchase a copy of this novel and any other Christian fiction books read on this podcast from Amazon.com.
Now, dear listener, please know that God—the divine Author of all things—wants to write a great story with your life as well. But first you must give Him the pen by trusting Him with the life He gave you and surrendering your heart to Jesus Christ as Savior. Here is how:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
May God bless you until next time.