Welcome to the Whyte House Family Spoken Novels podcast episode #118. Today we are reading chapter 10 of the novel “…And Family Drama Just Won’t Stop III” by Daniel Whyte III with Meriqua Whyte.
“He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.” – John 3:36
It was early Sunday morning when Jonathan received a call from Kirby asking him to meet him at the church. They both pulled into the church’s parking lot at the same time and parked in their normal places toward the back of the building by the church offices. As they got out of their cars, a silver Lexus with tinted windows drove up behind them, slowed down, then sped off.
“Do you recognize that car?” Jonathan asked Kirby as he unlocked the church door.
“No,” Kirby said.
Jonathan locked the door once they were inside. “I don’t want any surprise visits,” he said.
Once they settled down in Jonathan’s office, Kirby said, “I sent the email this morning to the church family apologizing for what I did. I think Friday would have been too early. Anyway, I think I need to apologize to Sandy and to her aunt. What do you think?”
“I believe Sandy already knows you’re sorry, and I do not think now is a good time to do that,” Jonathan said. “Cam is upset as it is. If you would like, my wife can speak to them and pass on your apology.”
Monica returned Jonathan’s phone call with an answer to his request.
“I spoke with Mitzie; she accepts his apology and says to let you know she’ll be praying for Pastor Kirby. She says not to worry about Sandy; she wants him to accept her apology also. She kind of hinted that you both should just avoid Cam for now.”
“Thank you, Monica,” Jonathan said. “If you don’t mind, could you please call Kristy’s mother and see if you can talk to Kristy? I love you, darling.”
“Are you sure the email apology won’t be enough?” Kirby asked Jonathan after he got off the phone.
“Absolutely not. It may have worked had this happened a week or two ago before the news leaked,” Jonathan said as he picked up the phone. He dialed Pastor Richardson’s number. “I want you to talk with Pastor Richardson of my former church in Texas. I don’t know if you remember him. He officiated at our wedding. He already knows about the situation and he’s been in the ministry for over forty years now so nothing surprises him. Just be honest with him.”
Once on the line, Pastor Richardson told Kirby, “There’s this verse in Philippians which says, ‘Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.’ God saved you to use you to do a great work at Ninth Street Baptist Church. From what Jonathan has been sharing with us, souls are being saved each week and Christians are being encouraged. I listen to you at times over the radio. Brother, you can’t give up. You may feel like this is the end of the road for you, but don’t give up. There is no telling what God will do with a man who truly repents.”
Kirby nodded as Pastor Richardson continued.
“Confess your sin and come before God with a truly broken and contrite heart, and God will bring you through this. And you never know, He may use you to do even greater things for His glory in the future. Remember, a righteous man falleth seven times but he rises up again. David sinned greatly, but once he confessed his sin and accepted his chastisement, God continued to bless him. Peter denied Christ, but once he repented, God used him to help turn the world upside down. Now, let me just say this to you, I do not believe you ought to continue plowing forward. I do believe you need to step down for two to three years and get your heart right with the Lord before you try to continue in the ministry. I know you don’t want to hear that, but that’s my advice to you.”
“Yes sir, that’s tough advice to take, but to be honest with you, Pastor Richardson,” Kirby said, “I don’t believe I’m as sorry as I should be. Even as we’re talking I’m still trying to figure out how I can avoid having to make a confession before the whole church in person.”
“Well, tell that to God. Ask Him to give you a truly repentant heart. Ask Him to break you. And ask Him to help you accept whatever chastisement He brings upon you and take a sabbatical,” Pastor Richardson said. “Whatever the case, remain faithful to God, and remember, we are praying for you down here at New Mt. Zion.”
Thank you for joining us for this episode of Whyte House Family stories. You may purchase a copy of this novel and any other Christian fiction books read on this podcast from Amazon.com.
Now, dear listener, please know that God—the divine Author of all things—wants to write a great story with your life as well. But first you must give Him the pen by trusting Him with the life He gave you and surrendering your heart to Jesus Christ as Savior. Here is how:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
May God bless you until next time.