Welcome to the Whyte House Family Spoken Novels podcast episode #116. Today we are reading chapter 8 of the novel “…And Family Drama Just Won’t Stop III” by Daniel Whyte III with Meriqua Whyte.
“For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.” — John 3:16
“How long do you plan on hiding Kirby?” Monica asked her husband on the way home.
“I’m not hiding him. He’s at his house. He’s free to come and go as he pleases. I’m just not saying anything to the press or to anyone for that matter. I want him in one piece when he apologizes to the church family. He wants to do it only by email, but I told him that was not going to have the same effect; he needs to do it in person.”
“Cam is sure out to get him,” Monica said. “I may be wrong, but I think Cam’s out to get the church as well. That would be his ultimate payback.”
Jonathan looked across at his wife. “Do you really think so?”
“Yep,” she replied. “I believe he’s been planning this all along. For him, getting hush money is not enough especially when Kirby refused to stop seeing Sandy. I also believe someone at the church is in communication with him, so you be careful who you talk to.”
“How did you come up with all that?”
“Just intuition,” Monica said. “Remember my speculations about Kirby’s character and about his and Kristy’s marriage turned out to be true.”
Later that evening, after helping to put the children to bed, Jonathan gave Kirby a call.
“Cam found out you’ve been released from jail, and he’s not too pleased about it. He tried to get me to tell who paid your bond,” Jonathan informed him.
“He’s got a lot of bitterness in his heart toward me,” Kirby said. “Someone’s been calling here all day on my cell as well as on the house phone. Even the news people stopped by earlier.”
“Now I don’t know what’s going to happen to you after Sunday, but as a minister of God you’re going to have to face up to the consequences,” Jonathan said.
“I know,” Kirby sighed. “And I want to thank you for standing by me. You’ve been a true friend. And I’m sorry for doing this to you. Again, please forgive me. And if this is where our friendship ends, I’ll understand.”
“Stop talking nonsense,” Jonathan said. “I can’t throw away our friendship because you made this stupid mistake. You need a friend now more than ever.”
“Thanks a lot. By the way, has your wife heard from my wife?” Kirby asked. “She has not been answering my calls.”
Jonathan sighed. “They spoke on Monday and Kristy’s not talking like I know you want her to talk, but give her some time. The wound’s still fresh. Just pray it through and be willing to accept whatever God has in store for you.”
“That’s all I can do,” Kirby said. “Hold on a minute, let me turn the television up. Jessica Simmons is on… Is that Cam with her? Looks like they’re in the church’s parking lot.”
“Let me tune in,” Jonathan said hurrying to the den.
He listened grimly.
“This is Jessica Simmons giving you an update on Pastor Kirby Rollins. Church members are still in shock. Some are disappointed and others are doubtful as to the truth of the accusations against their pastor. Assistant pastor, Jonathan Reynolds, declined to comment further on the situation. At their Wednesday night services, prayers were offered for Pastor Rollins and his family. The former assistant pastor, Cameron, who’s standing next to me here in the church’s parking lot informed us that Pastor Rollins has been released from jail. He believes the deacons and assistant pastor know where he is, but are remaining silent. Any more comments?”
She placed the mic in front of Brother Cam. “He shouldn’t be out of jail,” Cam said. “He committed the crime; it’s only fair that he does the time.”
Thank you for joining us for this episode of Whyte House Family stories. You may purchase a copy of this novel and any other Christian fiction books read on this podcast from Amazon.com.
Now, dear listener, please know that God—the divine Author of all things—wants to write a great story with your life as well. But first you must give Him the pen by trusting Him with the life He gave you and surrendering your heart to Jesus Christ as Savior. Here is how:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
May God bless you until next time.