Welcome to the Whyte House Family Spoken Novels podcast episode #113. Today we are reading chapter 5 of the novel “…And Family Drama Just Won’t Stop III” by Daniel Whyte III with Meriqua Whyte.
“As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one.” – Romans 3:10
Brother Cam, his wife, Mitzie, and his niece, Sandy, with her baby Solomon, were relaxing in their living room enjoying the afterglow of the Thanksgiving Sunday services earlier that day. Conversation was light as they listened intermittently to the news.
“You’d expect the news to be more encouraging considering it’s Thanksgiving weekend,” Mitzie said with a sigh. “Can’t we turn to Hallmark?”
“We could, but I’ve had enough of that feel-good Thanksgiving stuff at church. I want to see what’s happening in the real world.” Cam switched from the national news to the local station. “There’s my girl,” he said pointing the remote control towards the screen. Jessica Simmons was giving a report.
Sandy rose to go to her room when Jessica’s words stopped her in her tracks. There has been an unconfirmed report that the pastor of Ninth Street Baptist Church was arrested late last night. We are awaiting confirmation from the police. Stay tuned for updates.
Sandy sat back down staring at the television screen. Mitzie looked at her husband. Cam returned her look with a smug smile. “This is why I told you to leave him alone,” he said turning to Sandy.
Fifteen minutes later, Jessica was back on the screen with another update: It has been confirmed by the police department that Pastor Kirby Rollins of the Ninth Street Baptist Church was arrested around one o’clock this morning for allegedly having sex with a minor. We will not release her name due to her age when the alleged offense occurred. The arrest would have been made earlier in the week, but Pastor Rollins and his family were away for the holiday. As always, we’ll be sure to keep you posted.
“I’m going to bed,” Sandy said leaving the room.
“Did you have anything to do with this?” Mitzie asked her husband after she heard Sandy’s bedroom door close.
“What if I did? He had it coming,” Cam said.
“How could you do such a thing!” Mitzie said. “Isn’t it enough he was paying you to keep quiet? And what about Sandy? Her name’s going to be scandalized too. The whole family’s going to end up in the news.”
“You don’t need to worry about that. I got it all under control.” Cam flipped to another news channel and listened for a while. “Kirby brought all this mess on himself.”
“May God help us,” Mitzie said staring at her husband. “I believe you have lost your mind. Cam, I beg you, please leave the matter alone. Sandy’s hurting enough. And think of Kristy and their little children. They’re gonna need their father. I mean, how long will they hold him in jail? And what about the church?”
“Yes, may God help us,” Cam said. “Don’t worry about a thing. Kristy and the children will survive this. As for the church… I’ve got plans for it. Remember, I used to be the assistant pastor. A whole lot of people still look up to me at the church.”
“Exactly what are you saying?” Mitzie asked. “You’re not planning on taking over the church, are you?”
Cam laughed. “How can I? I love Brother Jonathan. He’s a good young man… but then I said the same about Kirby. These young pastors of today cannot handle notoriety. Let’s say I’ll just offer my pastoral expertise to young Jonathan.”
Thank you for joining us for this episode of Whyte House Family stories. You may purchase a copy of this novel and any other Christian fiction books read on this podcast from Amazon.com.
Now, dear listener, please know that God—the divine Author of all things—wants to write a great story with your life as well. But first you must give Him the pen by trusting Him with the life He gave you and surrendering your heart to Jesus Christ as Savior. Here is how:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
May God bless you until next time.