Welcome to the Whyte House Family Spoken Novels podcast episode #76. Today we are reading chapter 21 of the novel “…And Family Drama Just Won’t Stop II” by Daniel Whyte III with Meriqua Whyte.
“Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.” – I John 2:15
Friday could not come soon enough. The Montagues had been invited to dinner at the Reynolds’ home. They arrived promptly at six o’ clock. After fellowshipping for a while, they all settled down to enjoy an Italian-style meal of veal parmesan and vegetable medley. After they ate their meal, they all went to the living room to enjoy a dessert of cinnamon apple pie and vanilla ice cream with coffee.
While they were having dessert, Jonathan excused himself. Upon returning to the room, he nodded at his father as he stood next to the side table by the couch. Leah, Monica, and Janice were seated on the couch. Their mothers were seated on the loveseat.
“Listen up, everyone,” Brother Reynolds said. “This is a special time for both of our families. Jonathan has an important announcement to make. Take it away, son.”
“Thanks, Dad. Mom and Dad, I want to thank you both for being great parents and for giving us your blessings. Brother and Sister Montague, thank you for being great friends and also for giving us your blessings. By ‘us’ I mean Monica and myself.”
Brother and Sister Montague smiled at Jonathan and then at each other, as Jonathan stepped towards the couch where Monica was sitting. Monica looked up into Jonathan’s face as he gently took her hands in his and pulled her to her feet. Monica gazed into his eyes. She saw an expression that she had come to love: one of love, one of confidence, and one of faith in God.
“Monica, you are the love of my life. Will you marry me?”
Monica’s lips parted but no words came out. After a few moments, she finally uttered, “I do…I mean…I will. Yes, I will.”
Janice cheered as James congratulated them.
“You go, girl!” Leah exclaimed.
Jonathan slipped a gorgeous 24-carat diamond ring on Monica’s finger as they gazed into each other’s eyes.
“C’mon, Jonathan,” Brother Montague said. “Please give her a hug or a kiss or whatever so I can finish my pie. My ice cream’s melting.”
Everyone laughed. Jonathan kissed Monica on the cheek and hugged her as both of their families cheered and raised their glass to the newly engaged couple.
Sister Reynolds invited the ladies upstairs to her bedroom. She pulled out a very exquisite jewelry box from her closet. Inside were three very beautiful antique necklaces. “They have been in my family as far back as I can remember,” she said. “My mother said her great grandmother gave it to her grandmother as a wedding gift. One is for Janice when she gets married; one is for James’ wife when he gets married; and this one is for you, Monica.”
Monica blinked in an attempt to hold back her tears. “It’s beautiful,” she said.
“Welcome to the family, and we love you,” Sister Reynolds and her daughter said giving her a hug.
After the men had finished their dessert, the Montagues prepared to leave.
“Hold on a minute, Monica,” Jonathan said to her. Monica waited by the front door as everyone else went outside. Jonathan approached with a small package in his hand. Pushing the door closed he pulled her into his arms. “Well, how do you feel?”
“So happy that we are actually going to spend the rest of our lives together!” Monica said.
Jonathan handed her the package. “This is for you. It goes with the ring. You can open it when you get home tonight.” He kissed her tenderly.
“I love you so much.” “I love you, too,” Monica said laying her head on his shoulder. “I will always remember this night.”
Thank you for joining us for this episode of Whyte House Family stories. You may purchase a copy of this novel and any other Christian fiction books read on this podcast from Amazon.com.
Now, dear listener, please know that God—the divine Author of all things—wants to write a great story with your life as well. But first you must give Him the pen by trusting Him with the life He gave you and surrendering your heart to Jesus Christ as Savior. Here is how:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
May God bless you until next time.