Welcome to the Whyte House Family Spoken Novels podcast episode #57. Today we are reading chapter 2 of the novel “…And Family Drama Just Won’t Stop II” by Daniel Whyte III with Meriqua Whyte.
“Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”
— Proverbs 3:5-6
Dr. Harley called the Montagues into Monica’s room. She was still unconscious. A thin layer of bandage was loosely wrapped around her forehead, and cheeks. Sis. Montague, moving closer to her daughter, took both her hands. “Monica, this is Mom and Dad.” No response.
“Don’t worry,” Dr. Harley said. “She’ll be out of it for about the next forty-eight hours. It’s a temporary loss of consciousness due to the shock from the accident. We see this all the time.”
“How badly is her face cut up? Will she have any permanent scars?” Sis. Montague asked.
“No. We took out the few pieces of glass that had lodged under her skin. The bandage is just for protection from infection. It looks worse than it really is. The nurse will be taking it off within twenty-four hours.”
“What about her leg?” Bro. Montague asked. “The EMT told us the car door collapsed on her leg and left a huge gash.”
“Yes, let me show you. She lost a lot of blood. It might leave a little scar, but over time with some aloe vera and natural cocoa butter, most, if not all the scar should disappear.”
Sis. Montague squeezed her daughter’s hand a little tighter trying hard to hold back the tears that were on the verge of falling.
“The EMT,” Dr. Harley continued, “is his name Anthony?”
Bro. and Sis. Montague nodded.
“He’s been such a blessing to us. He does a great job at comforting the families before I see them. That has been a great help.”
“Yes, he answered much of our questions,” Bro. Montague said. “And what really blessed our hearts was he took the time to pray with us.” The Montagues and Dr. Harley talked a while longer before he took leave.
“I encourage you to get your rest. She is going to need you both in top shape when she recovers. Well, if you have no other questions, it’s been a pleasure meeting you. Check with Nurse Judy if you need anything.”
As Dr. Harley was exiting the room, Leah was entering. Her parents gave her an update on Monica’s condition. “Dr. Harley’s the best. She’s in a temporary coma. She’ll come out of it soon.”
Leaving the two to sit with Monica, Bro. Montague left with Bro. Reynolds to check in on Pastor Richardson and Sis. Richardson. Bro. Reynolds and his family as well as a few of the church members had stopped by to visit with Monica and with Sis. Richardson.
Thank you for joining us for this episode of Whyte House Family stories. You may purchase a copy of this novel and any other Christian fiction books read on this podcast from Amazon.com.
Now, dear listener, please know that God—the divine Author of all things—wants to write a great story with your life as well. But first you must give Him the pen by trusting Him with the life He gave you and surrendering your heart to Jesus Christ as Savior. Here is how:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
May God bless you until next time.