Welcome to the Whyte House Family Spoken Novels podcast episode #27. Today we are reading chapter twenty-six of the novel “…And Family Drama Just Won’t Stop” by Daniel Whyte III with Meriqua Whyte.
“Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire
kindleth! And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth
the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.”
“Sis. Mills, you settled in yet?” Sis. Bettie asked after Sis. Mills picked up the phone.
“Yes, Sis. Bettie. Wasn’t that some meeting today. Them college people sure looked pretty coming up for
“They sure did. But I call to tell you something else.”
“Shoot on, Sister.”
“You know I don’t like talking badly of people, but I was in the bathroom in the Fellowship Hall. I was in the
stall so they did not know I was in there; I was in there the whole time, something affected my bladder and…”
“Bettie, will you stop rambling and say what you have to say.”
“If you stop interrupting, I’ll tell you. Well, anyway, as I was saying, I was in the bathroom stall, the one for
handicaps, and the Wilmington girl came in and then some woman named Rachel or Rochall or something
like that, come in behind her. I guess this Rachel or Rochall had a little girl with her and she proceeded to tell
the Wilmington girl, (what’s her name again?) … Yeah, Stacy. She went on to tell Stacy that this little girl
was her sister.”
“You say what?” Sis. Mills almost dropped the phone.
“I lie not. I lie not.”
“Who you talking to?” interrupted Bro. Harold who was reading his newspaper.
“Oh, it’s Sis. Bettie.”
“You mean, your gossipping partner,” he said.
“Harold, we just talking about the church services and all that happened. Go on, Sis. Bettie.”
“Well, as soon as I heard that, I got to thinking that somebody ought to know so’s we can pray for that
messed up situation,” said Sis. Bettie.
“Now, Bettie, how you know that’s true? There’s no facts.”
“Stacy told this woman she did not have a sister or a brother and that she was mixing her up with someone
“More than likely that’s it,” said Sis. Mills.
“I don’t think so. She called Stacy by name and asked her was Willie Wilmington her father.”
“Oh, my goodness. You don’t say.”
“You don’t say what?” Bro. Harold was peering over the newspaper at her.
“I’m not talking to you. I’m still on the phone with Sis. Bettie.”
“You not talking, you gossipping and that’s a shame right there. Your mouth is what is constantly getting
your behind in trouble with me and if you do not watch it, lady, it is going to get your behind in trouble with
the church and Pastor Richardson. Always got something negative to say after every church service,” sighed
“Who says we is gossipping. We is just talking, getting ready to pray for the Wilmington family,” Sis. Mills
“The Wilmington family again. Now I know you gossipping. Get off that phone right now!” Bro. Harold
dropped his newspaper in his lap. “And you tell Sis. Bettie not to call back here tonight because we is going
to sleep real early and she can pray with you all you want on Wednesday night at prayer meeting to cast them
gossipping demons out of both of you.”
“What your husband saying? I can hear him in the background,” said Sis. Bettie.
“Oh, nothing important, Bettie. We getting ready for bed. I’ll pray for them then.”
“You going to bed this early? I thought we was going to pray together.”
“Harold says to hang up the phone, we is going to bed early. Good night, Sister. I’ll see you at prayer
Thank you for joining us for this episode of Whyte House Family stories. You may purchase a copy of this novel and any other Christian fiction books read on this podcast from Amazon.com.
Now, dear listener, please know that God—the divine Author of all things—wants to write a great story with your life as well. But first you must give Him the pen by trusting Him with the life He gave you and surrendering your heart to Jesus Christ as Savior. Here is how:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
May God bless you until next time.