Whyte House Family Spoken Novels #14: And Family Drama Just Won’t Stop by Daniel Whyte III with his wife Meriqua Whyte.
Welcome to the Whyte House Family Spoken Novels podcast episode #14. Today we are reading chapter fourteen of the novel “…And Family Drama Just Won’t Stop” by Daniel Whyte III with Meriqua Whyte.
“But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.”
— Matthew 6:6
“Monica, did your daddy stop by earlier?” Sis. Montague asked with a knowing smile from her
“Yes, Mother. He told me not to tell you; he wanted to surprise you. How did you know?”
Monica asked as she approached her mother.
“Come on in.” Sis. Montague signaled to Monica to come into her room. “Take note for when you get married.” She raised her eyebrows as she pointed to a pair of slacks thrown across the
chair, a towel left on the floor in front of the bathroom door. “And,” said her mother trying hard
to hold in a chuckle as she pointed to her bedside table, “a dirty bowl that once held my tasty rice and peas and it looks like a few pieces of my chicken for tomorrow’s meal.” Both women had a good-natured laugh.
“You’re not upset, Mother?” asked Monica.
“Baby, I’ve been picking up behind your father for twenty-two years now. Let me let you in on
some secrets for when you get married: One, most husbands never hang up their clothes; two, most husbands leave plates, cups, and bowls wherever they use it last; three, don’t expect to find the bathroom clean after they get through with it; and four, don’t complain, just clean it up yourself and keep it movin’. Upset about what? To tell you the truth, it’s a little comforting cleaning up behind him. Why spend a whole hour or two fussing about it when you can take about five minutes to clean it all up.”
“Daddy says he is going to be in church tomorrow. He’s making up for the Sundays he’s missed, and the Fridays and Saturdays he hasn’t been home.”
“Well, praise the Lord! You know, I am a bit concerned about your father. He used to pitch a fit
if he was so much as late for church. Now he’s missing it altogether. I don’t know of any computer job that has you on call like that. They are supposed to have delivery people. I just don’t know what’s going on.”
After a moment’s silence, Sis. Montague apologized to Monica for dumping her thoughts on her. “I just hope I’m not getting carried away over nothing.” She sighed.
“Don’t worry, Mother. I pray for him everyday and I believe he will be all right. You’ve taught
me to trust God in everything.”
Giving her daughter a hug, Sis. Montague said, “Let’s go ahead and have our devotions. I was
hoping your dad would be here for that, but I guess he’s probably going to be home late again.
Then, it’s off to bed for both of us. We have a big day tomorrow and I’m really looking forward
Monica and her mother had a sweet time of fellowship with the Lord. They both parted for bed with the words of the song they had chosen for their devotional time ringing in their heads:
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus
There’s just something about that Name.
Master, Saviour, Jesus
Like a fragrance after the rain.
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus
Let all Heaven and earth proclaim,
Kings and kingdoms, will all pass away
But there’s something about that Name.
Thank you for joining us for this episode of Whyte House Family stories. You may purchase a copy of this novel and any other Christian fiction books read on this podcast from Amazon.com.
Now, dear listener, please know that God—the divine Author of all things—wants to write a great story with your life as well. But first you must give Him the pen by trusting Him with the life He gave you and surrendering your heart to Jesus Christ as Savior. Here is how:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
May God bless you until next time.