Total Time: Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes: 4 servings
- 5 large eggs, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1-3/4 cups refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chiles
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese
- Optional toppings: Salsa, guacamole, sour cream and minced fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, whisk 1 egg, salt, cumin, pepper and chili powder. Stir in potatoes, onion, green chiles and salsa. Bake in a preheated waffle iron coated with cooking spray until golden brown and potatoes are tender, 8-12 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Break remaining eggs, 1 at a time, into pan. Reduce heat to low. Cook to desired doneness, turning after whites are set if desired. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand 3 minutes or until melted.
- Serve eggs with waffles and toppings of your choice.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE.
SOURCE: Taste of Home