Total Time: Prep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes: 8 servings
- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked sausage, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions, adding asparagus during the last 4 minutes of cooking. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until browned. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in cream, Parmesan cheese, Creole seasoning and pepper; cook and stir until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Drain pasta mixture, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water; add to sausage mixture. Toss to coat, gradually adding enough reserved cooking water to reach desired consistency.
SOURCE: Taste of Home