Parents Break Their Silence on the Mix-up That ‘Ruined Their Lives’ After Harrowing Moment Their Baby Girl is Given Poison Instead of Oxygen Moments After Birth in Horrific Blunder That Left her Permanently Brain Damaged

The parents of a little girl who was given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen hours after she was born – causing permanent brain damage – unintentionally filmed the life-changing accident. Amelia Khan (pictured bottom right as a toddler) was inadvertently poisoned at Bankstown-Lidcombe Hospital in June 2016 after a subcontractor mixed up two gas pipelines in the delivery ward. When hospital staff thought they were providing Amelia oxygen crucial to her survival, she was actually being pumped full of laughing gas from a port which had been labelled wrong.

Click here to see more.

SOURCE: Mail Online