THERE IS MORE SAID IN THE PODCAST AUDIO THAN IN THE NOTES BELOW
Welcome to the How to Stay and Survive the Coronavirus Plague Briefing Podcast #60. My name is Daniel Whyte III, president of Gospel Light Society International.
Psalms 106:29-30 says, “Thus they provoked him to anger with their inventions: and the plague brake in upon them. Then stood up Phinehas, and executed judgment: and so the plague was stayed.”
David Guzik said, “Numbers 25 tells the story of how the young women of Moab enticed the men of Israel to idolatry and immorality at Baal of Peor. In their idolatry they ate sacrifices made to the dead. A plague broke out among them: God sent a plague as a judgment against the Israelites, and the plague was only stopped when righteous Phinehas brought God’s judgment against an Israelite man and Moabite woman apparently in the midst of immorality at or near the tabernacle itself. This act of righteousness stopped the plague. This brave and decided deed was so acceptable to God as a proof that there were some sincere souls in Israel that the deadly visitation went no further. In recognition of his righteous act, God made a covenant regarding the priesthood with Phinehas and his descendants.”
1. 90 to 120 people gathered after regular morning services at Friendship Baptist in rural Marion County, West Virginia, to mark the Rev. Laverna Horton’s sixth anniversary at the church. That gathering at that one church in West Virginia is estimated to have infected 30 percent of the people who attended.
2. Last month in Kentucky, health officials traced more than 30 coronavirus cases and three deaths and community spread of the disease across multiple counties, including at a meat packing plant, back to a single church revival meeting in Hawkins County, Kentucky.
3. In California, a single church service on Mother’s Day is being blamed for new clusters of the virus in Lake County and Mendocino County. In Butte County, they are trying to track down 180 people who attended a church service in person in defiance of the state’s public health order.
4. Last month, a CDC report traced a large cluster of cases in Chicago to one church service as one of the places where infections took place.
5. Another cluster of cases was traced to a church in rural Arkansas where the pastor and his wife did not know that they were infected, but they were, and over the course of one week, they infected 38 percent of their congregation, and so far, three people have died.
6. In the northern part of Navajo Nation, the number of cases per population in specific regions is higher than in the worst-hit zip codes in New York City. Officials have traced the outbreak in these specific regions of Navajo Nation back to a church revival in early March.
2 Chronicles 7:14 says, “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”
Revelation 2:4-5 says, “Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.”
Leonard Ravenhill said, “Oh! my ministering brethren! Much of our praying is but giving God advice! Our praying is discolored with ambition, either for ourselves or for our denomination. Perish the thought! Our goal must be God alone. It is His honor that is sullied, His blessed Son who is ignored, His laws broken, His name profaned, His Book forgotten, His house made a circus of social efforts.”
Now, if you are with us today and you do not know Jesus Christ as your Savior, allow me to show you how you can place your faith and trust in Him for Salvation from sin and Hell.
First, please understand that you are a sinner and that you have broken God’s laws. The Bible says in Romans 3:23: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” Please understand that because of your sins, you deserve punishment in hell. Romans 6:23 says “the wages of sin is death…” This is both physical death and spiritual death in hell.
But here is the good news. John 3:16 reads, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
The phrase “For God so loved the world” means that if you are in this world, God loves you no matter what you have done.
The next phrase, “that He gave His only begotten Son” refers to Jesus Christ. He is God’s son who suffered, bled, and died on the cross for your sins and for mine, and He was buried and rose again.
Our next phrase is “that whosoever believeth in Him”. The word “whosoever” means anybody at anytime. The phrase “believeth in Him” means to trust in Him, to depend upon Him, to rely on Him, or to have faith in Him for your salvation.
Our next phrase, “should not perish”, refers to eternal punishment in a place called hell.
And, lastly, the phrase “but have everlasting life” means to live eternally in Heaven with God.
The Bible also says in Romans 10:9 and 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved…. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the Cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
If you accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior today, please email me at email@example.com and let us know. There is some free material that we want to send you. If you have a prayer request, please e-mail that to us as well, and we will pray for you until you tell us to stop.
God loves you. We love you. And may God bless you.