Total Time: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
Makes: 12 servings
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 4 cups quartered fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur or orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3/4 cup butter, melted and divided
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- Whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; transfer to a greased 13×9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with 3 tablespoons butter; sprinkle with cake mix. Top with remaining butter.
- Bake until golden brown and bubbly, 45-55 minutes. Serve warm. Top with whipped cream, if desired.
SOURCE: Taste of Home