Gospel Light Minute – Dustin Colquitt (#264)
He is an American football punter for the Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League. He played college football at Tennessee and was selected by the Chiefs in the third round of the 2005 NFL Draft. He is the Chiefs’ longest tenured player and is the longest tenured special teams player of any team. His career highlights and accomplishments include: Franchise record for longest punt (81 yards); Franchise record for games played by any position (238); Franchise record for seasons played (15); Franchise record for punting yards (50,393); Franchise record for punts (1,124); and 3rd most punts downed inside of the 20 in NFL history (462). He is a 2x Pro Bowler and a 2x team nominee for the Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year Award for co-founding and working with TeamSmile, an organization that offers free dental care to underserved children. Hailing from a family with a distinguished lineage of punters, referred to as “Football’s First Family of Fourth Down,” he joined his 2x Super Bowl-winning father and Super Bowl-winning brother by earning his own Super Bowl ring and forever being known as a Super Bowl champion when the Chiefs defeated the San Francisco 49ers 31-20 in a comeback victory in Super Bowl LIV (54) in 2020.
Throughout his career, he has been active in the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and Athletes in Action, the sports ministry of Cru Ministries, using opportunities to profess his faith in Christ to football fans and anyone who will listen. While he plays for Chiefs Kingdom in the NFL, he lives for a greater purpose: to represent and enlarge God’s already victorious Kingdom on earth.
In a 2015 video for FCA, the longtime Chiefs punter said he believed “God put me in this position as a punter and in sports — professional football — because I think He wants something out of me to be able to share with other people. As a Christian, I think God has given me that platform to say, ‘Hey, I’ve allowed you to do a lot of things, and I need you to speak My Name. He always finds a way to put people, His people, in situations where He can spread His Word and spread His Kingdom.”
His name is Dustin Colquitt.
This is the “Chief of Sinners,” Daniel Whyte III, president of Gospel Light Society International, reminding you of what the Bible says, that “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners” like you and me. Just as Dustin Colquitt trusts Jesus Christ as his Saviour, may I encourage you to do the same. Here is how:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” In fact, I am the chief of sinners, so don’t think that you’re alone.
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
Remember, friend, Believe by faith. Share the faith. and Keep the faith!