- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce or tamari sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sesame oil
- ½ Cup Cold water
- ¼ Cup Vegetable broth or 2 tsp refined coconut oil for sautéing
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1Tbsp ginger, finely grated
- 14 oz. package of firm or very firm tofu for vegetarians
- 1 Cup carrots,
- 1 Cup broccoli florets
- ½ Cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Cup bok choy, thinly chopped
- ½ Cup Snow Peas
- ¼ Cup bean sprouts
- 2 green onions, cut into 2″ pieces
- Optional: ¼ Cup shaved almonds
- In advance, prepare sauce. Mix corn starch, soy sauce, sesame oil, and water. Blend well and set aside.
- Heat the vegetable broth or water in a nonstick wok or large skillet over medium heat. If not using a nonstick wok (or if you are adding tofu or shrimp), you may have to use unrefined coconut oil for sautéing.
- Add ginger and garlic for about a minute.
- Add either tofu or shrimp and stir for about 1 minute.
- Add carrot and broccoli for about 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and bok choy for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add snow peas, sprouts, and green onions last, for about 1 minute.
- Add sauce and mix into vegetables until thickened for about 10- 20 seconds.
Serve hot. You may choose to serve over brown rice or barley.
Recipe from “Change Your Brain, Change Your Body” Cookbook, by Dr. Daniel Amen.