Welcome to Episode #32 of the Theology of Eternal Damnation in Hell. I am your host, Daniel Whyte III, president of Gospel Light Society International. This podcast is about the negative side of eternal life. When it comes to what happens after death, people love to talk about Heaven and the wonderful benefits of eternity with God. However, there is less talk about the negative side of eternal life. This podcast will explore what the Bible says about Hell and the eternal damnation of those who die without Christ.
C.H. Spurgeon said, “The hell of hells will be the thought that is forever. The soul sees written over its head, “You are damned forever.” It hears howlings that are to be perpetual; it sees flames which are unquenchable; it knows pains that are unmitigated.”
The Bible says in Luke 12:5: “But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.”
Allow me to share with you some important points on this passage from The Bible Knowledge Commentary:
Jesus went on to teach that His disciples should be fearless because God would take care of them. Instead of fearing men who could kill their bodies, they should fear God, the One who has the power to throw one into hell.
Our topic is “The Importance of This Truth” from Eternal Punishment by A.W. Pink:
Concerning the eternal punishment of the wicked, there are few, it seems, who realize the vital importance of a ringing testimony to this truth; and fewer still who apprehend the deep seriousness of what is involved in a denial of it. The importance of a clear witness to this doctrine may be seen by noting what a prominent place it holds in the Word; and contrariwise, the seriousness of denying it is evidenced by the fact that such denial is a rejection of God’s truth. The need of giving this solemn subject a prominent place in our witness is apparent, for it is our bounden duty to warn sinners of their fearful peril, and to bid them flee from the wrath to come. To remain silent is criminal; to substitute anything for it is to set before the wicked a false hope. The great importance of expounding this doctrine, freely and frequently, also appears in that, excepting the cross of Christ, nothing else so manifests the heinousness of sin—whereas every modification of eternal punishment only serves to minimize the evil of it.
We propose to deal with our present theme under the following divisions. First, we shall examine briefly some of the leading objections brought against the truth of eternal punishment. Second, we shall classify various passages that treat of the destiny of the lost, showing that death seals the sinner’s doom, that his condition is then beyond hope, that the punishment awaiting him is interminable. Third, we shall examine those scriptures that throw light upon the nature of the punishment that awaits the lost. Finally, we shall seek to make a practical application of the whole subject.
II. Objections Considered
In taking up the objections made against the truth of eternal punishment, it would be a hopeless task were we to attempt to notice every argument that the fertile mind of unbelief (under the control of Satan, as it is) has devised. We shall, however, consider those of greatest weights, and those which have received the widest acceptance among unbelievers. These we shall classify as follows: first, deductions drawn from the divine perfections; second, passages appealed to by Universalists; third, passages appealed to by Annihilationists; fourth, assertions that punishment is not penal and retributive, but disciplinary and remedial.
Let’s Pray —
Dear friend, please understand that after you die, you will be ushered into one of two places to spend eternity, Heaven or Hell.
Here’s how you can be sure that you will not go to hell and suffer eternal damnation forever and rather have a home in Heaven when you die. The Bible says, ”Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.” Here’s how you can be saved from sin and hell and have a home in Heaven when you die in more detail.
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” In fact, I am the chief of sinners, so don’t think that you’re alone.
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for Salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”