Total Time: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min.
Makes: 12 servings
- 1 package (19-1/2 ounces) Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 4 medium onions, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 6 cups cubed day-old white or French bread
- 6 cups coarsely crumbled cornbread
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook sausage over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Remove with a slotted spoon, reserving drippings in pot.
- Add onions and celery to drippings; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat; stir in sausage. Add cubed bread and cornbread; toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, steak sauce, seasonings and baking powder until blended; stir into bread mixture. Stir in enough broth to reach desired moistness.
- Transfer to a greased 13×9-in. or 3-qt. baking dish. Bake 40-50 minutes or until lightly browned.
SOURCE: Taste of Home