Total Time: Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes: 6 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth or homemade turkey stock
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2/3 cup each frozen peas, corn and cut green beans, thawed
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup cubed cooked turkey
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot and celery; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add broth, vegetables, macaroni and seasonings. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until macaroni is al dente. Stir in turkey and zucchini; cook until zucchini is crisp-tender. Discard bay leaf. If desired, sprinkle servings with cheese.
Freeze option: Transfer cooled soup to freezer container and freeze up to 3 months. To use, thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Transfer to a saucepan. Cover and cook over medium heat until heated through. Serve with cheese if desired.
SOURCE: Taste of Home