The California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection on Friday sued fast food chain In-n-Out, accusing it of being responsible for a 2017 grass fire.
The lawsuit, reported by The Tribune, seeks $1.2 million and says a wildfire was sparked on Sept. 20, 2017, on a property owned by the chain.
The fire was started by a tractor mowing grass on the property, which was allegedly covered in “dry annual grasses and scattered brush, which created a receptive bed of flammable vegetation,” according to the suit.
Click here to read more.
SOURCE: The Hill, Tal Axelrod