Total Time: Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes: 20 servings
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 20 slices pepperoni
- 8 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut into 20 cubes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- Dash salt
- Marinara sauce, warmed
- Crushed red pepper flakes and grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. Shape dough into 1-1/2-in. balls; flatten into 1/8-in. thick circles. Place 1 pepperoni slice and 1 cheese cube in center of each circle; wrap dough around pepperoni and cheese. Pinch edges to seal; shape into a ball. Repeat with remaining dough, cheese and pepperoni. Place seam side down on greased baking sheets; bake until light golden brown, 10-15 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add garlic and salt, taking care not to brown butter or garlic; brush over puffs. Serve with marinara sauce; if desired, sprinkle with red pepper flakes and Parmesan.
- Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked pizza puffs on waxed paper-lined baking sheets until firm. Transfer to a freezer container; seal and return to freezer. To use, preheat oven to 325°; bake pizza puffs on greased baking sheets as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through.
SOURCE: Taste of Home