Family ‘Rejoices in the Lord’s Blessings’ After 5-Year-Old Boy Thrown from Balcony of Mall of America Returns Home from Hospital

The parents of a 5-year-old boy who was thrown from a third-floor balcony at the Mall of America said they are rejoicing in “the Lord’s blessing” while announcing their son has returned home five months after the near-fatal attack.

The family of Landen Hoffman announced on GoFundMe — which has raised over $1 million — that their son has completed inpatient rehabilitation and is now home. He will enter “the next phase of recovery” and receive outpatient rehabilitation for “multiple injuries and adjusting to life back at home and school.”

Landen’s family thanked those who have prayed for them over the last five months, adding: “You helped to give us hope and show us the Glory of God’s great love here on earth even during the darkest of days.”

“We are so thankful, and we rejoice in the Lord’s blessings to our family,” reads the update. “We continue to ask that His healing powers guide us and our son’s care team as we enter the next phase of recovery, which includes continued outpatient rehabilitation for multiple injuries and adjusting to life back at home and school.”

In August, the Hoffman family announced that Landen was moved from the hospital’s intensive care unit into a rehabilitation program. The young boy sustained severe head trauma and multiple broken bones in his arms and legs after being thrown from the third floor of the Minnesota mall by Emmanuel Deshawn Aranda, 25.

Despite the severity of the fall, Landen has continued to make great strides in his recovery: “While the miracle of his survival is what we celebrate and thank Jesus for every day, we must also acknowledge that our beautiful boy has been on a very challenging road to recovery,” the family wrote in an earlier update.

Aranda was charged with attempted premeditated murder in the April 12 crime. He allegedly told investigators he went to the mall “looking for someone to kill” after past instances of women repeatedly rejecting his advances. Aranda pleaded guilty in May and was sentenced to 19 years in prison.

Click here to read more.

SOURCE: Christian Post, Leah MarieAnn Klett