Total Time: Prep: 30 min. + freezing
Makes: 6 servings
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inches), cut into 6 wedges each
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- 6 large scoops vanilla ice cream
- Chocolate syrup, optional
- Whipped cream in a can
- 6 maraschino cherries with stems
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Fry tortilla wedges, a few at a time, for 1-2 minutes on each side or until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Combine the sugar and cinnamon; set aside 1 tablespoon. Sprinkle both sides of tortillas with remaining cinnamon-sugar.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the cornflake crumbs and reserved cinnamon-sugar. Roll ice cream in crumb mixture to coat. Freeze until serving.
- Drizzle serving plates with chocolate syrup if desired. Place six tortilla wedges on each plate; top each with a scoop of ice cream. Pipe whipped cream around base and on top of ice cream. Garnish each with a cherry.
SOURCE: Taste of Home